When Moises Arriaga trained as a physician at Brown University Medical School, he was struck by what could be done to restore a patient’s hearing and balance. That’s why he decided to make otology – the study of the inner workings of the ear – his life’s work.
ABOUT NEW ORLEANS AREA NEUROTOLOGIST MOISES ARRIAGA
Specialties: Hearing and Balance
As a neurotologist, Dr.Arriaga is trained as both an otologic neurosurgeon (neurotology) and head and neck surgeon. This dual specialization makes him imminently qualified to diagnose and treat conditions that affect a person’s hearing and balance. He is listed as a recognized provider by the Acoustic Neuroma Association and has been listed in the database of Best Doctors in America®.
New Orleans Magazine has recognized him as a “Top Doctor”.
“The biggest misconception is that hearing loss and dizziness are natural parts of aging. They are not,” insists Dr. Arriaga.
“At the Culicchia Neurological Balance and Hearing Center, we use every diagnostic tool available to pinpoint the cause of a patient’s hearing or balance loss and offer the full gamut of solutions from medical treatment, rehabilitation, surgery, implants and hearing devices,” Dr. Arriaga explains.
Because of the depth of the Culicchia Clinic’s neurological and neurosurgical staff, Dr. Arriaga is able to rely on a vast unique, in-house multidisciplinary approach to treatment utilizing neurotology, neurology, audiology, vestibular therapies and neurosurgery as needed.
Dr. Arriaga says breakthroughs in diagnostic technology are very encouraging for patients suffering from complex, brain-related dizziness and balance issues. The use of cochlear implants, implantable hearing aid and other therapies are also effective in restoring hearing loss.
As one of the largest neurological and neurosurgical practices in the New Orleans Gulf South region, Culicchia Neurological Clinic focuses specifically on Neurocare to ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcome.
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
Schedule your appointment, Today.
Videos With New Orleans Area Neurotologist Moises Arriaga
Neurotologist Moises Arriaga Curriculum Vitae
- Brown University, Providence, RI
- Brown Medical School, Providence, RI
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Ochsner Foundation, New Orleans
- House Ear Clinic and House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification in Neurotology
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- La. Commission for the Deaf, Appointed Oct. 18, 2013
- American Neurotology Society : Secretary-Treasurer; Executive Council
- Otology and Neurotology Journal: Board of Directors and Editorial Board
- Otosclerosis Study Group: President-elect
- CPT and RVU Committee, American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Acoustic Neuroma Association
- Robert Dawson, M.D.
- John Steck, M.D.
- Justin Owen, M.D.
- Michael Puente, M.D.
- Chairman, LSU Dept. of Neurosurgery; David G. Kline Professorship of Neurosurgery
We’re ready to assist you. Let us Help.
Being diagnosed with a neurological condition can be perilous and uncertain. As one of the largest Neurological Practices in the New Orleans Gulf South Region, Culicchia Neurological Clinic focuses singularly on Neurocare to ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcome. We can make a difference.