Robert C. Dawson, III, MD, enjoys an international reputation in the field of interventional neuroradiology, which uses state-of-the-art imaging and sophisticated catheterization tools to access the smallest vessels of the body to treat neurological disorders.
ABOUT NEW ORLEANS AREA interventional neuroradiology Robert Dawson
Dr. Dawson has treated stroke patients using a minimally invasive, highly specialized microcatheterization, which significantly reduces operative trauma to the patient, recovery time, and cost of treatment. Interventional neuroradiology is often used in cases of stroke to dissolve clots, treatment of intracranial aneurysms, and obliteration of vascular malformations of the brain or spinal cord. Advances in interventional neuroradiology are happening every day, offering new hope for patients with conditions previously thought inoperable.
Dr. Dawson’s expertise is highly valued and his lectures have taken him all over the globe, even as far as China, to Shanghai, Beijing, Jinan City and Nantung. While there, Dr. Dawson performed one or two cases per day and spent a good deal of time lecturing, despite a language barrier. “I don’t speak Chinese and they didn’t speak much English but with interpreters we managed to communicate quite well,” he recalls.
All in a day’s work for Dr. Dawson, who is a Louisiana sportsman at heart. Born in Morganza, Dr. Dawson regularly fishes the bayous and lakes he’s known all his life in south Louisiana. He jokes that his favorite sports area is a secret but he’s been known to be seen leaving Cypress Cove Marina in Venice. WGNO-TV: Dr. Dawson on aneurysms and the local brain aneurysm support group.
As one of the largest neurological and neurosurgical practices in the New Orleans Gulf South region, Culicchia Neurological Clinic focuses specifically on Neurocare to ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcome.
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
Schedule your appointment, Today.
Videos With New Orleans Area Interventional Neuroradiologist Robert Dawson
Interventional Neuroradiologist Robert Dawson Curriculum Vitae
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- LSU School of Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center, Denver, CO
- Army Flight Surgeon Course, Ft. Rucker, AL
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Asst. Prof. of Radiology & Neurosurgery, Vanderbilt University
- Assoc. Prof. of Radiology & Neurosurgery, Emory University
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular/Interventional Radiology
- Chairman, national standards and practice committee, American College of Radiology
- Chairman, national standards and practice committee, American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology
- American Assn. of Neurological Surgeons • American College of Radiology
- American Society of Head and Neck Radiology • American Society of Neuroradiology
- Radiological Society of North America • Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Society of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- World Federation of Interventional & Therapeutic Neuroradiology
- Safari Club
- Robert Applebaum, M.D.
- Jason Wilson, M.D.
- Frank Culicchia, M.D.
- John Steck, M.D.
Clinical Professor, LSU Dept. of Neurosurgery
We’re ready to assist you. Let us Help.
Being diagnosed with a neurological condition can be perilous and uncertain. As one of the largest Neurological Practices in the New Orleans Gulf South Region, Culicchia Neurological Clinic focuses singularly on Neurocare to ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcome. We can make a difference.